Total at a Glance: An international energy provider (2010 figures)
Fifth largest publicly-traded integrated international oil and gas company in the world (1)
First largest capitalization on the Euronext Paris and the Euro zone: €93.2 billion at December 31, 2010
97 126 employees
Operations in more than 130 countries
Exploration and production operations in more than 50 countries
Producer of oil and gas in 30 countries.
Approximately 540,000 French individual shareholders
2012 sales: €200.06 billion
With operations in more than 130 countries, Total engages in all aspects of the petroleum industry, including Upstream operations (oil and gas exploration, development and production, LNG) and Downstream operations (refining, marketing and the trading and shipping of crude oil and petroleum products).
Total also produces base chemicals (petrochemicals and fertilizers) and specialty chemicals for the industrial and consumer markets (rubber processing, adhesives, resins and electroplating). In addition, Total has interests in the coal mining and power generation sectors. Total is helping to secure the future of energy by progressively expanding its energy offerings and developing complementary next generation energy activities (solar, biomass, nuclear).
A leader in each of its core businesses: 2010 key indicators
Exploration and production activities in more than 40 countries.
Production of oil and gas in 30 countries.
Production: 2.38 million barrels of oil equivalent per day.
Proved reserves: 10.7 billion barrels of oil equivalent as of December 31, 2010 (2)
No. 1 Western European Refiner-Marketer(3) and No. 1 Marketer in Africa (4).
One of the leading traders of crude oil and refined products worldwide.
Refining capacity: approximately 2.6 million barrels per day.
Retail network: nearly 17,490 service stations.
Sales of petroleum products: approximately 3.8 million barrels per day.
Brands: TOTAL, Elf, Elan, AS 24
Total is one of the world’s largest integrated chemical producers (5) and a leader in each of its markets - Petrochemicals and Fertilizers, Specialties.
Shareholder base (6)
- Predominantly European (67%), held in particular by investors from France (34%), the United Kingdom, Belgium and Germany, with a strong number of Dutch, Swiss and Irish shareholders. Strong shareholder base in North America (26,5%).
- Institutional shareholders (88%), employees (4%) and other individual shareholders (8%).
- Total S.A. is a French société anonyme (limited company) created in France in March 1924, listed on Paris, London, Brussels and New York Exchanges.
- Total is listed on the CAC 40, Dow Jones Stoxx 50, Dow Jones Euro Stoxx 50 and Dow Jones Global Titans indices and the FTSE4Good, DJSI World, DJ STOXX SI, and ASPI Sustainable Development and Governance indices.
- Chairman of the Board: Christophe de Margerie
- Chairman and Chief Executive Officer: Christophe de Margerie
To contact us
2, place Jean Millier
La Défense 6
Tel. : +33 (0) 1 47 44 45 46
* Source: 2010 Registration Document
Based on market capitalization (in dollars) as of December 31, 2010.
Based on year-end Brent price of 79,02 $/b.
Company data based on refining and/or sales capacities.
Company data, PFC Energy of September 2009 based on quantities sold.
Company data, based on consolidated sales.
Estimation as of December 31, 2010, excluding treasury shares.
Visit Total corporate website
Discover our brochure...